Hi folks. This week, I continue my discussion of Eaton’s new Pro-FX lineup by showing you their HFX lineup of mobile controllers. Eaton has released a truly state-of-the-art product line that will help mobile OEMs take their machines to the next level.
HFX controllers are available in 12, 20, 32, and 48 I/O configurations and feature the fastest microprocessors currently available in the mobile controller market. These controllers are secured in IP67 housings with industry standard, best-in-class Deutsch connections and each category features:
- 200 MHz 32 bit processor capable of managing high frequency I/O
- Triple CAN port capability (all three CAN ports configurable as J1939 or CANOpen)
- Onboard configuarable sensor supply
- Thermistor and variable reluctance frequency sensor inputs as standard
- PWM current control on all outputs as standard
- Common I/O configuration for all connectors making it easier to scale between controller sizes
The controllers are programmed via Pro-FX Control Software Development tool which is based on CODESYS v3.5. Eaton’s programming tool features access to many pre-written function blocks, which can help make development quicker in some cases, but also allows the developer flexibility for more complex programming in the CODESYS environment.
If you are new to mobile control systems, we have a team of engineers who would be happy to assist you through your entire project. Our capabilities span from development of software to developing and building complete control panels as well as wire harnesses.
Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions about this or any other product we represent.