Success in the motorized vehicles industry depends on bringing high-quality, innovative, and safe vehicles to market as quickly as possible. The industry is highly competitive, and automotive manufacturers face multiple challenges on the road to achieving profitability.
Automotive manufacturers must achieve flexible, efficient operations while maintaining high product quality and adherence to numerous regulatory requirements. Cross Company has partnered with numerous automotive OEMs, Tier 1, and Tier 2 suppliers to to increase productivity and raise the level of quality of your products to give you the competitive edge.
Cross Company’s precision measurement group, is particularly strong in the automotive sector with numerous embedded locations, where full-time Cross associates work at OEMs or Tier 1’s, performing QA/QC audit, torque tool repair and calibration, inspection and more. Each embedded services contract is tailored to the unique needs of the particular manufacturer.
Our precision measurement group also provides and calibrates many types of equipment on the production line, including torque, temperature, pressure and dimensional measurement tools and equipment. If you’re looking for PPAPs, first article inspection or reverse engineering, check out our inspection services page.
Cross’s Automation Group also has years of experience helping automotive manufacturers and suppliers with their precision motion control needs. Whether you need pneumatic or electromechanical components, off-the-shelf robotic solutions or fully customized motion packages, Cross can help. Past projects include:
- Interior and exterior molding machines
- Conveyor systems and material handling automation
- Part identification, tracking and verification systems
- Productivity – OEE, KPI and downtime monitoring
- Energy monitoring and management solutions
Providing Tangible Value
- Increase product quality : Accurate measurements produce high quality products. Make sure all your equipment is performing exactly as expected with regular calibration and repair
- Improve productivity: Have a full-time measurement professional embedded at your facility, ready to calibrate or repair immediately so the line doesn’t stop
- Increase efficiency: Precision motion control solutions automate dull or dangerous processes, making them faster and more repeatable.
- Reduce the risk of a catastrophic failure by ensuring your measurement equipment is correctly calibrated and measuring accurately
- Stay compliant: Automotive industry regulations and safety standards are always changing. Make sure you can measure and document every part of your process to comply with the latest regulations.
Latest Case Studies
A range of expertise for the automotive industry
No matter if you’re an automotive OEM or a Tier 1 or 2 supplier, Cross Company can help. We offer a range of products, services and complete solutions for manufacturers in the automotive industry. Take a look at each below:
Products for the Automotive Industry
High quality products, precisely specified for your critical applications
Services for the Automotive Industry
We provide industry best practice to meet IATF 16949 and other regulatory requirements
Solutions for the Automotive Industry
When an off-the-shelf product just won’t do, our customized solutions fit your process perfectly
Automotive Industry Resources
Take a look at these automotive industry resources from the experts at Cross.
Automotive Industry News and Events
Take a look at all the resources for the automotive industry from Cross’s manufacturing partners.