Legacy Control System Migration is, or at some point will be, a very important topic for every manufacturing facility. According to recent statistics, $65 billion worth of installed legacy process control systems have reached the end of their reasonable life cycle. Many companies do not have the financial resources to perform a complete replacement of equipment or the technical resources to develop a strategy for migration and replacement to more current technologies.
Cost-Effective Migration Strategy
Cross Company has proven experience in migrating legacy hardware and software systems. Our proven process begins with a risk analysis and site review and discussion with our customer to discuss the end goals and critical aspects of each application. We have the knowledge and expertise to extract the critical information from the existing configurations, graphics, and documentation and even your experienced operations and engineering personnel, a critical area of knowledge often overlooked.
Based on this assessment, we guide our customers through specific recommendations on a migration path best suited for your requirements to minimize cost, risk, and associated downtime.
From a simple HMI upgrade to a GMP validated system and even development of a five to ten-year migration plan for an entire facility, Cross Company can provide complete planning, engineering and commissioning to guide you through this process to successfully achieve your migration and business objectives.
Our Turn-key Services Include:
- Design specification development
- Functional specification development
- Migration analysis and recommendations
- Cost analysis for migrations
- Batch conversions in accordance with S88
- Network upgrades – serial and legacy communication upgrades
- Platform evaluations and comparisons
- System configuration and application conversion
- Project documentation
- UL508A Panel design and build
- Acceptance testing
- Startup and commissioning services
- Operator Training
Cross Company has successfully performed upgrades to current supported platforms from the following legacy systems.
- ABB Mod 30 Mod 300
- Allen Bradley SLC 500, PLC2, PLC5
- GE FANUC, 9030, 9070, PAC Systems RS3i
- Honeywell UDC 2500, 3200, 3500
- Siemens Moore APACS, S5, S7, TI 505
- Sixnet EtherTRAK, VersaTRAK RTU’s
- Square D PLC’s
- Fisher Provox S10 and S20 series IO
- Bailey Net 90 and INFI 90
- Foxboro SPECTRUM or SPEC 200
- Rosemount RS3
- Virtually any other brand of PLC/DCS
- Factory Link
- Fix 32 and IFIX
- RSView 32 and legacy Panelviews
- Proprietary and Visual Basic HMI’s
Interested in learning more about how Cross company can help your operation? Contact us today to discuss your project or application with a Cross team member.