Consistency transmitters are used in the pulp & paper and wastewater industries to measure the percent concentration of fiber in a sample.
However, there is no single method for measuring consistency everywhere, as several different variables need to be taken into account. The three main types of consistency transmitters are:
- Optical: For measuring both fibers and fillers but is sensitive to color and brightness
- Shear Force: Can only measure fiber and is mainly for clean pulps
- Microwave: Can measure fibers and fillers and is ideal for when the fiber properties change within the sample
Consistency transmitters are used to:
- Raise the quality of your end product
- Improve the efficiency of your process by giving you reliable measurements
- Reduce wastage of raw material, therefore improving your profitability
Cross Company is proud to be a partner with Valmet and their product line of analyzers and measurement products. Valmet has a long history in the pulp and paper industry and their portfolio contains a range of high quality products suitable for most applications in the pulp, paper and wastewater industries.
Contact a Cross team member to discuss how a consistency transmitter can improve the profitability of your operation.