Full-time support for your discrete I/O system
In today’s tight economy, it’s not realistic to have a systems programmer on staff permanently who only works on two or three projects a year. It’s a very specialized skillset and when a systems programmer retires, it’s a tough role to replace. Frequently, the decision is made to cut costs and hire a lower level technician or not replace at all. However, that doesn’t mean that the skills to troubleshoot and program PLC and SCADA systems aren’t still needed. But don’t worry, Cross Company can help!
We have two models: a service contract with a certain number of hours to use or, for larger or more complex operations which require frequent maintenance, an embedded programmer is more appropriate. This is a Cross associate who works on your site full-time for a contracted time and helps with any control system programming as necessary.
Services we provide
- Design PLC and SCADA systems, either greenfield sites or upgrades to legacy systems.
- Keep track of software maintenance and patches
- Keep historical files and trending
- Make HMIs more usable for the operator
- Troubleshoot when things go down
- Provide start-up and commissioning, as well as ongoing calibration and preventative maintenance.
Specific brands we work with
We are preferred service providers for:
- Rockwell/Allen Bradley controls
- Factory Talk
- Control Logix
- Compact Logix
- Legacy Rockwell and Allen Bradley software
- TIA portal
- Step 7
- WinCC HMI
- Red Lion HMIs and controls
- Various radio and cellular data RTU systems
Why partner with Cross Company?
We’re the perfect size to partner with your operation. Cross offers the same personalized and friendly service as the “mom-n-pops” near you but we have a far greater level of expertise. As part of a larger organization, we have additional software and hardware skills we can draw on if necessary. We offer the same level of expertise as the big manufacturers, but we’re interested and invested in our customer’s long term success. We don’t just want to sell and install a project and then leave. We want to make sure it keeps running efficiently and effectively for you for the long term. We become vested partners with our customers, giving you world-class technical expertise and customer service with a smile!