As the workforce continues to be more generationally diverse, finding engineers capable of programming traditional PLCs is increasing difficult. For this reason, Cross is particularly excited to share the PLCnext Control system from Phoenix Contact with our customers. PLCnext solves this dilemma by combining the reliability and security of classic PLCs with the openness and flexibility of a Linux-based control platform.
With PLCnext, you have the option of programming using traditional IEC 61131 or you can access the Linux box to program in higher-level languages including C, C++, C#, MTLAB, and more. In addition, PLCnext is IIoT ready with an easy connection to AWS, Azure, Google IoT, and more.
- PLCnext Control is a controller capable of IEC 61131 operations, in addition to the integration of open source software and the use of common high-level languages
- Two classes of controllers for standard and high-performance applications
- Extensive I/O offers simple connection with the AXC F 2152, making it ideal for a variety of applications
- EtherNet/IP slave capability allows PLCnext Control to be part of an EtherNet/IP network. Add an additional Ethernet interface directly to the controller with the Ethernet extension module
- Support for common industrial protocols, including PROFINET, Modbus, and more