Do you have an application where you are trying to sense parts that are similar in color to the conveyor belt they’re on (example: green PCB’s on a dark conveyor belt). Or are you sensing glossy colored parts on a moving conveyor line (example: candy bars on a conveyor belt). These are just two examples that can present issues getting consistent part detection because of varying surface and color conditions unless you have the proper sensor for these conditions.
Omron, a leader in sensing technology and one of the first to offer BGS & FGS in the same sensor. Their E3Z-LS series is a compact Background (BGS) / Foreground (FGS) settable sensor designed to ignore backgrounds or foregrounds which allows for more accurate sensing in tough applications like the ones mentioned above.
Here’s how they work:
Compact Background / Foreground Settable Sensor
Omron’s E3Z-LS photoelectric sensor is designed to ignore backgrounds or foregrounds for more accurate sensing situations.
- detect glossy / uneven surfaces with foreground suppression
- ignore objects beyond the set distance such as a conveyor belt rail using background suppression
- web/edge position detection models are available
- switch-selectable, light-on / dark-on operation
- NPN or PNP output models are available
- M8 connector ready or 2m, pre-wired models are available
Background Suppression Sensing (BGS) – what is it?
Eliminate false detection due to highly reflective backgrounds – objects beyond the set distancewill not be detected
F = Far, N = Near