Robotiq Model 85 Two Finger Gripper
- Parallel grip from the outside or inside and the ability encapsulate a part without a tool change.
- Change gripping force and speed on the fly.
- Part detection without extra sensors.
- Run without air (compressed air is getting more expensive and limits your mobility).
- Grip stroke that would normally require a much larger pneumatic gripper.
For customers that have parts with varying geometries, or who move their collaborative robots from application to application, this set of features has allowed our users to experience true Flexible Automation.
Using this type of technology, you can eliminate the potential challenges associated with tool changers and multiple grippers, eliminate the cost of designing multiple finger designs, and handle delicate components. Now with the new generation Model 85 about to be released, users will find it even easier incorporate Flexible Automation into their solutions and have nearly twice the gripping force and speed.
Pairing these two technologies together now allows users to automate processes that never made financial sense before. But beyond the simple ROI calculations, we are starting to see flexible automation working its way onto the manufacturing floor that is allowing us to do more with less.
Universal Robots & Robotiq are valued supplier-partners with Cross Company’s Automation Group.