Drop by drop, gallon by gallon, hydraulic oil leakage can get expensive. What you lose goes beyond just the oil and replacement oil itself… consider energy loss, environmental issues, safety hazards, hazardous waste disposal, downtime, as well as potential legal issues. All may result in lost revenue from what could have been prevented.
Common Leak Causes
Improper Installation – wrong fitting connections
- The most common fitting (37° flare) is subjected to improper torque during assembly
- Flareless bite type fittings – imporper presetting of the ferrule on the tube
- O-ring face seal – O-ring pinched or not seated in groove, or missing completely
- Incorrect routing, bending or clamping
Poor Quality Components
- Avoid them altogether – if you can’t identify the manufacturer, don’t use it
Poor Maintenance Practices
Are you interested in learning more? Our hose and fittings team can help with selection of the proper connections. Fill out our contact form with some details of your application and we’ll work with your team to find the best solution for your operation. Also, learn more about Parker as a products and solutions provider for Cross.