Rupture Discs function as a pre-designed "weak point" in a pressurized system, and they should be the strongest part of your pressure protection system. Continental Disc rupture discs utilize innovative, patented designs, the highest quality materials from traceable sources, and ISO 9001 manufacturing procedures performed by skilled craftsmen.
We offer the most advanced line of rupture discs available, incorporating proven performance in excess of a quarter million cycles, operating up to 95% of burst pressure, and offered in a wide range of burst pressures, materials, and sizes. These features support reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs, increasing the productivity of your facility!
The HPX® Rupture Disc Product Family from CDC is the most advanced line of rupture discs (bursting discs) available, incorporating proven performance in excess of a quarter million cycles, operating up to 95% of burst pressure, and offered in a wide range of burst pressures, materials, and sizes. These features support reduced downtime and lower maintenance costs, increasing the productivity of your facility.
The CDC HPX is ideally suited to use in plants where production includes batch processing runs where operating conditions and media may change frequently. Ideal for liquid or gas/vapor applications.
HPX-Ta Tantalum Rupture Disc
CDC's new HPX-Ta™ rupture disc is a Tantalum semicircular scored reverse acting rupture disc designed specifically for use in highly corrosive media, such as bromine, chlorine, HCL, nitric acid, or sulfuric acid. In certain concentrations, temperatures and moisture conditions, Tantalum is frequently the only suitable rupture disc material for the application.
- Petrochemical / Agricultural Chemical - reactors, storage vessels, heat exchangers, discharge heads, safety relief valve isolation
- Industrial Gas - process columns and vessels, storage and transportation tanks
- Oil & Gas - distillation columns, separators
- Pharmaceutical - production vessels, heat exchangers
- Semiconductor Production - specialty gas distribution and storage transportation tanks
- Available in sizes 1" - 8"
- Tantalum rupture disc material for corrosion protection
- 316 SS standard outlet ring material, HASTELLOY C, Tantalum and other materials available upon request
- Cyclic durability designed for a minimum of 1,000 cycles from full vacuum to 90% of the burst rating
- 90% maximum recommended operating ratio
- Safety ratio of 1 to 1 or less. If the rupture disc becomes damaged, it will relieve at or below the burst pressure
- Ideal for liquid or gas/vapor applications
- Non-fragmenting design
- ASME Code Section VIII, Div 1 compliance available when requested
- Available option: cleaned for oxygen or chlorine service
- Provides lower maintenance cost, greater reliability as compared to alternate rupture disc types or materials
- Compatible with the HPX Insert, HPX-PT (pre-torqued) or HPX double disc holders
- Holder corrosion resistance can be enhanced by Tantalum lining or coating of the holder inlet and/or Tantalum coating of the outlet holder
- Tantalum lined HPX-PT (pre-torqued) holders are ideal for use on vessels or pipe spools having TEFLON or glass lined flanges
- Increased productivity of your system
Tension Type Rupture Discs
Tension type rupture discs (bursting discs) are oriented in a system with the process media pressure against the concave side of the rupture disc. As the process pressure increases beyond the allowable operating pressure, the tensile strength of the material is reached and rupture occurs.
Reverse Acting Rupture Discs
Continental Disc Corporation's reverse acting rupture discs (bursting discs) are state of the art products utilizing a highly accurate manufacturing method to achieve and control a burst pressure at close tolerances. A precision semicircular score or knife blades are used to provide a clean, consistent opening pattern. All of Continental Disc's reverse acting rupture discs (bursting discs) are provided with a zero manufacturing range as a standard.
Specialized Rupture Discs
Specialized applications require specialized rupture disc (bursting disc) solutions. For over 40 years, Continental Disc Corporation has been called upon to solve the pressure relieving challenges of some of the most demanding industries. The innovations discovered for those applications are then used to improve the service we offer to all of our customers.
Interested in a rupture disk for your process? Contact our team to determine the best product for your operation!